You can get an Innovation Voucher worth up to £5,000 to pay for an external expert to help your business grow.
You can use this expert to get advice on a novel idea or to use design within your business. You can ask them to help you make the most of intellectual property (IP). You can also use Innovation Vouchers to buy time and support on specialist equipment or facilities.
Innovate UK can help you find and choose an expert from one of the following:
- universities and further education colleges
- research and technology institutes
- technical consultancies and Catapult centres
- design advisers
- intellectual property advisers
Find out if you are eligible
To qualify for an Innovation Voucher you must:
- be starting up or running a micro, small or medium-sized UK business
- need help with something that's a real challenge for your business, not just a small improvement or change
- have not worked with this expert before
- have not had an Innovation Voucher from Innovate UK or the Technology Strategy Board before
You cannot use an Innovation Voucher to fund:
- staff training
- off-the-shelf software
- marketing or branding items
- standard business advice
Please contact us if you would like help in applying for an innovation voucher and/or finding help to enable your business to grow.